Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2015

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Okay, so right now I'm sick with a cold and watching Bobs Burgers, which is like one of my all time favorite shows. So, as you know, I haven't been posting recently, I've been super busy. JK, I'm just lazy. So sorry. But I finally finished a book and it was really good.
I finished We Were Liars and HOLY HILLARY CLINTON, IT WAS SO FREAKING GOOD!!! It's about a girl and her outer family (grandparents/cousins/aunts), who are really high class and pretentious. They are the Siclair's. It tells of Candace (main character) and three of her cousins she is close with, the Liars. The whole family gets together during the summer time. During summer fifteen, there is an accident involving Candace, this accident leaves her with memory loss of the incident and headaches. She also falls in love with Gat, the son of one of her aunts boyfriend. While Candace tries to find out what happened during Summer seventeen, the story is told back in the past and then goes back to the present, which was really cool. The whole book really made you think.
           I was reading this book during class and the girl sitting next to me was like "YOU ARE READING THAT?! THAT BOOK IS FAB! TALK TO ME WHEN YOU'RE DONE!!" She got me so excited for the end that I finished it that night. It was well written and the description of everything was so detailed. The author wrote this book in a great way and I will definitely read more of their work. You should all go read this. It was on Buzzfeed's 17 best YA books of 2014 (I think that's the article's name, but don't take my word for it) and I got this book for Christmas, this was a really good present. My mom knew what she was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment