Search This Blog

Friday, November 28, 2014

Transparent by Natalie Whipple

Hola! Today is the day after Thanksgiving and I feel as if I'm about to explode. But, I did finish a book and a pretty good one at that. Transparent. This book hit me with feels so hard that I had to take multiple moments to breathe. It is about a girl who is invisible, I don't mean like people don't notice her, I mean she is literally see through. Her dad is an evil con-man who has been making her do the dirty work of his underground drug company for years and she and her mom are sick of it. Her mom takes Fiona to a small town in  the middle of nowhere. This is where they are going to start their new lives. The book basically tells how they escape from Fiona's dad and what they do to stay away.
             I really love this book!!!!!! I've heard around the blogosphere that it's a series and that would be almost as good as meeting Fall Out Boy. This book has everything that I love. Teenage romance, super powers, violence, family issues. I love the sassiness of the characters and the character development of almost all the characters. Transparent also has sorta a science and genetic twist in it which made me like it even more. This author is a gorgeous writer and I really wish I could think of something so out of the box and never done before, like this book. Once again, I LOVE THIS BOOK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment