Search This Blog

Friday, November 21, 2014

Feed by M.T. Anderson

Hello my precious people and happy Friday to everyone. Yesterday I finished a book called Feed, which is by a genius, M.T. Anderson. The feed is a transmitted put in your brain early on in your life and it basically does everything for you, read, talk, even order things online (which I think is very cool, but others might disagree). The main character is Titus a teenage boy who has lived his entire life with the feed. He and his friends go to the moon for spring break and he meets Violet. A girl who has started a project on confusing or resisting the feed. They go partying together, with a bunch of Titus' other friends and are all touched by a protester. This protester injects a virus into their feed, which puts them in a hospital, that is where Titus and Violet become more than friends.
         I really enjoyed this book. It was high tech, romantic and had a teenage vibe the entire time, which I could totally relate to. It was such a different reality from the modern world we live in now that the author must have been a genius. This book was a National Book Award Finalist (plus many more awards) and I could see why. It was well written and had so many detailed characters, which I love (it makes me feel as if I know them). This book is futuristic yet within this decade all at the same time. Once again I love this book and you should all read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment