Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Dead River by Cyn Balog

If you like creepy but not heart stopping scary this is something for you. This book is about a girl named Kiandra who goes to spend the weekend at Dead River with her boyfriend, Justin, Her cousin, Angela, and a guy named Hugo.  Justin and Angela convince Kiandra to go river rafting on Dead River. When she was young, her mom committed suicide on this river, which makes her seriously afraid of water. While rafting, she falls in and that's just the beginning of it. 
        I liked this book, I have had it for a while and decided to read it on a whim. It was a really quick read, only like 200 pages. I thought it was quite good. It definitely made me scared to go in open waters. To me it seemed like a far fetched story, but I guess that's what made it good. The synopsis led me to different idea of what kind of other people there were at the river, but it was a good surprise. There is a romantic side to this which drew me in more and added a little flare to it. All in all, I really liked this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment